1. How do the Ameda breast pumps compare to other breast pumps on the market?
Please click here Breast Pump Comparison Chart to see why Ameda breast pumps are the best value on the market.
2. What if there seems to be an interruption of electrical service on the Purely Yours pumps?
Unplug the AC adapter cord from the electrical outlet, wait a few seconds, then plug the AC adapter cord back into the electrical outlet.
3. What if the Purely Yours breast pump is having decreased suction?
- Remove the tubing and white connector from the side of the pump and place a finger over the pump outlet. If you feel suction, the pump is operating properly, but the collection kit may not be correctly assembled or the white valve may be damaged. If no suction is felt on your finger, try unplugging the adapter from the electrical outlet, wait a few seconds, and plug it back into the electrical outlet.
- Make sure the collection kit is properly assembled.
- Inspect the white valve for a tear or pinhole. This component is critical to achieving proper suction. Replace the white valve with one of the spare valves provided with the product.
- Check the tubing adapter on the side of the pump to make sure it is closed when single pumping. If open, close the adapter.
4. With the manual breast pump, what if milk does not drip into the collection bottle?
Release the handle and the milk will begin to drip into the bottle.
5. With the manual breast pump, what if milk flow is too rapid for the pump to handle?
Release the handle a few extra times.
6. With the manual breast pump, what if The pump does not seem to have enough suction?
Check the white valve. If it has a tear or hole, it needs to be replaced. Contact your local Ameda retailer to purchase additional spare valves (part #402326).
7. With the manual breast pump, what if suction has diminished?
Remove the piston seal and stretch the outer lip using fingers and thumbs, or place the seal open side down on a flat surface and push down on it. Repeat twice. Reassemble the pump. Suction should be restored and you can continue pumping.