1. How do the BabyBeat fetal Dopplers compare to other Dopplers on the market?
Please click here Why more parents use BabyBeat Dopplers to see why BabyBeat Dopplers are the best value on the market.
2. Is BabyBeat's Doppler safe to use? How often?
Doppler ultrasound is regulated by the FDA. Years of studies have shown no harmful effects on the fetus. The Mayo Clinic says "In 30 years of regular use, no adverse effects have ever been demonstrated from ultrasound testing. Research has been done investigating both the noise produced in utero and the heat produced by ultrasound, and no problems have ever been detected from its use in exposed babies. There is no reason to feel uncomfortable about the use of ultrasound during pregnancy and there are great benefits to using it."
- The BabyBeat Doppler should not be used in any way for diagnostic or medical purposes by anyone other than a medical professional.
- BabyBeat should not be used as a substitute for regular prenatal care by a medical practitioner. Any concerns about your pregnancy should be addressed to your care provider.
- Fetal heartbeat is not the only indicator of fetal well being. If you have any concerns, please consult with your care provider.
On how often to use the BabyBeat Doppler, we always recommend that you discuss this with your healthcare provider although it is regulated by the FDA to be safe for continuous use.
3. What if I am having trouble finding the heartbeat?
Please refer to the Tips on Using the BabyBeat Doppler.
4. How does the Doppler rental billing work?
On the day the BabyBeat Doppler is shipped, the credit card given is initially charged the rental fee plus shipping charges. The card is then charged the rental fee each month on that date (if you prepaid, your account will begin billing monthly once you have completed the prepaid cycle). When returning the BabyBeat fetal Doppler, please contact us and let us know the unit is coming back. We will hold on the billing for 7 days past your next bill date.
5. How long does it take to receive the BabyBeat Doppler once I place my order?
Your BabyBeat Doppler will ship the same if ordered before 6pm EST (3pm PST) Monday-Friday, otherwise it will ship out the next business day. See shipping page for more information.
6. Is there a minimum amount of time required on the rental?
No, with BabyBeat you can rent the Doppler for just one month or however many months you would like. The credit card on file will continue to bill each month until the unit is returned.
7. What if I decide I want to purchase the Doppler after I have already rented it?
With the BabyBeat Dopplers all current rental fees apply toward the purchase of the Doppler. The Doppler will be billed up to the full rent-to-own price, not the discounted or sale purchase price.
8. Do I need special ultrasound lotion or gel?
All BabyBeat Dopplers come with a small (2.5 oz) tube of ultrasound gel. When this runs out, you can order a 8.5 oz bottle of the gel from us. You can place your order right on our website. Click here to order. Many mothers feel body lotion also works well with the Doppler although some increased static may be heard.
9. One the Advanced Technology BabyBeat with Recorder, what if the On/Off LED is flashing?
If the On/Off LED is flashing at a low rate (approximately once per second) the battery level is low. Several sessions can still be performed in this state of operation. The On/Off LED will flash at a higher rate (approximately twice per second) when the battery level is very low. The user should change the batteries soon after the current session is complete.
10. on the Advanced Technology BabyBeat Display with Recorder, what if the outline of the battery icon is flashing?
If the battery outline is flashing, the battery is low and should be replaced with three new AA alkaline batteries.
11. What if the unit shuts off during use?
The unit will automatically shut off after 3 minutes of non-use. Faint signals may not reset the timer. Or the batteries may be low and need to be replaced.